Last updated: 28th February 2019.
Confidentiality and security of your personal data are important to us. We are committed to offering you personalized services while respecting your privacy and preferences.
In this Policy you will find information on:
- Who we are
- What data we can collect about you
- How we collect or receive your data
- For what purposes we use it
- How long we can keep it
- Who can access your data
- How we protect it and keep it confidential
- What your rights are under European Regulation
- How to contact us if you have questions about our use of your personal data
- The management of cookies on girati.com website
WHO are we?
When we say "GIRATI", "us", "our" or "we", we refer to:
VEMG virtual experiences & media group
Joseph Knuddestraat 16, 8420 Wenduine, Belgium
WHAT data may we collect about you?
"Personal data" means any information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. through a unique client ID number).
Depending on the data you provide or share with us, personal data may include information related to:
- Your identity and your contact details
- Your size and stylistic preferences
- Your interests
- Your purchases and your returns
- Your online journeys (girati.com, social media pages, partner websites)
- Your requests through our customer department or our public relations department
Regarding your purchases, your bank details do not pass unencrypted through GIRATI-used servers. Payments are made via a secure payment platform PCI-DSS certified, supplemented by control measures, to ensure the security of purchases made and to fight against fraud.
In the context of a job application with GIRATI, we may collect the following information:
- Your identity and your contact details
- Your Curriculum Vitae and your cover letter
We invite you to keep us regularly informed in writing of any change in your contact details.
HOW do we collect or receive your data?
As part of our relationships, we may collect certain data via the following ways:
- Girati.com journey
- In-store relationship with our sales team
- Public Relations relationship
- Contact with Customer Department
- Forms you complete
- Digital apps you use
- GIRATI social media pages you visit or comment/like
- Digital Media Advertising you click on
- Search Engines Paid Advertising you click on
The personal data essential to GIRATI is indicated by an asterisk on each personal data collection form. If you do not provide the data marked with an asterisk, this may affect the products and services that we can provide to you. Other information is optional and allows us to know you better and to improve our communications and services to you.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES are your data used by GIRATI?
As part of our relationship, depending on the context in which your data is collected, we use your data for:
- the management of your orders
- the management of the personalized content and communications with GIRATI (digital or otherwise)
- the management of your profile
- the management of your requests linked with GIRATI
- the management of your application for a job
- the management of our website and our digital apps
- the improvement of our products and services
In the context of your application for a job, we use your data to manage and monitor your application.
The legal basis for the processing of your data can be, depending in which context your data is collected:
- Your consent (g. to manage our tailored services, managing your browsing via cookies)
- The performance of a contract (g. managing your access to your customer account, processing and tracking your orders)
- A legal obligation when processing is required by law (g. retention of purchase invoices)
- Our legitimate interest: improve our products and services, prevent fraud, secure our tools or tailor our communications
FOR HOW LONG may we keep it?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to reach the purpose pursued, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal obligations.
As a general principle, your personal data will be retained in our client database:
- If you are a “client” (e. you have already purchased a GIRATI product): for no more than 10 years after your first purchase; this period will be renewed each time you interact with GIRATI (e.g. a purchase)
- If you are a “prospect” (e. you have never purchased a GIRATI product, but you are interested in our brand): we keep your data for 3 years; this period will be renewed each time you interact with GIRATI (e.g. when participating in an event)
- If you are in contact with the Public Relations department: for no more than 10 years after initial contact; this period will be renewed each time you interact with GIRATI (g. when requesting information from GIRATI)
- If you are a “job applicant” (e. you apply for a job offered by GIRATI): for 2 years after your application
Where cookies are placed on your computer, we shall keep them for no more than 13 months.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
WHO may access your data?
Your data is for GIRATI services dealing with your requests. We ensure that only duly authorized persons can access your personal data when necessary for the above-mentioned purposes.
We do not give your data to third-parties for commercial purposes.
We communicate your information only where necessary, and if possible in a form that does not allow a direct identification to:
- Other GIRATI entities to provide you with the same personalized service worldwide
- Our trusted third-party suppliers, acting as processors according to our instructions and solely on our behalf.
For example, we entrust certain services to third-parties in charge of delivering you a product, payment service providers and providers securing transactions against fraud, third-parties who assist us in the organization of our events, third-parties providing IT-services, digital communication and public relations agencies, third-parties who assist us with customer service
- Third parties in the event of a change of control, for legal reasons, or with your prior consent
You may also choose to disclose your personal data to our partners, advertisers or affiliates by following a link to and from their websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use your social media login. Please be aware that in this case you are sharing your profile information with us. The personal data shared depends on your social media platform settings. Please note that these social networks have their own privacy policies.
HOW do we protect it and keep it confidential?
We take all useful precautions to guarantee the privacy and security of your data and to protect such data from any misrepresentation, damage, destruction or access by unauthorized third parties.
Please note, your data may be transferred to, accessed from, and stored outside the European Union by staff members who work for us or for one of our trusted service providers, for example to access your purchase history from a store other than your main store. We do it only in a secure and lawful way and taking steps to make sure that third-parties adhere to the commitments set out in this Policy in particular by entering into appropriate contracts based on the template adopted by the European Commission.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE EUROPEAN REGULATION "GDPR"
It is important that you can control your personal data. Please find hereunder the description of the rights you have under GDPR:
- Right to be informed: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights. You will find all this information in this Policy
- The right of access: you have the right to access to the personal data GIRATI holds about you
- The right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and / or completed if it is incomplete
- The right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted. Please note this is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your personal data
- The right to object to direct marketing: you can unsubscribe or opt out of our direct marketing communication at any time. You are able to do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email or communication we send you. You are also able to request to receive non-personalized communications about our products and services
- The right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your data when such processing is based on consent
- The right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This only applies to data that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means
You also have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against the data protection and privacy practices of GIRATI.
Please contact us at the contact details below to exercise these rights or if you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
Note that we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process it.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process and use your personal data, or would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us via email:
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIE MANAGEMENT